Computer vision technologies are projected to change the entire process of doing business, production, education, and other fields. Experts project that by 2029, the global Computer Vision market will reach market revenue of $19 billion.
In business and other processes, speedy growth hinges on adopting automated processes as well as the demand for visual control and robotic systems.
You’ll need to engage the services of a team of experts who have the needed skills to handle the technicalities. However, these experts are in high demand by many major companies.
The computer vision engagement process also takes money, and time, and needs a clear understanding of potential risks, as well as a workable strategy.
With how complex these tasks are, the best thing for you to do is leverage the services of professional computer vision consulting.
How does Computer Vision work?
Computers don’t just begin to see on their own; they are taught to see properly when a lot of data is collected, and they can highlight similarities in signs and traits. Such computer vision ideas are implemented in several ways.
Image analysis using computer vision entails finding information from image data. The ability to process the bulk of information that exists within images has always been easy for humans, but difficult for computers to understand.
Thanks to the powers of artificial intelligence today, advanced levels of computer vision and image analysis are now possible and easy.
What Can You Achieve with Computer Vision?
With computer vision, you can identify objects within an image, gain quick insights and emulate human understanding into images. Seeing as it is time-consuming for humans to analyze all the images they see, it is best to depend on the efficiency and speedy solution that computer vision image analysis delivers.
You can develop biometric solutions and products using computer vision.
Computer vision has been used across industries, in the aeronautical field, sports, medicine, advertising, finance, and a lot of others. It has led to a higher demand for computer vision applications and also resulted in the creation of more apps.
Evaluating Computer Vision Development Companies
When looking to work with a computer vision consulting firm or development company, you need to check out a lot of things. Here are a few:
- Levels of experience, quality of service, and the security level of the company.
- A portfolio of related projects done in the past while.
- Work reviews across platforms such as Clutch, Goodfirms, and Manifest. Also, check official platforms like their LinkedIn accounts and websites.
- Availability of resources, equipment, and infrastructure, as well as the size of the company.
- Compliances with security standards and policies such as ISO, PCI, and HIPAA.
When dealing with a computer vision consulting company, investigate the skills of the software engineers and ensure that they have average requirements such as:
- Extensive AI and machine learning experiences, such as DevOps, big data, quality control, and cloud technologies.
- Java, .NET, C/C ++, and Python experience between 3 and 5 years.
- Skills in computer vision project development, testing, training, and optimization.
- An understanding of unsupervised, supervised, and reinforcement learning.
- Minimum tech portfolio such as SimpleCV, OpenCV, TensorFlow, VisionWorks, Caffe, and PyTorch.
- Experience in object detection, classification, and segmentation methods.
- CNN, OCR, NLP Knowledge.