Are you still trying to get a grip on SEO? Is there anyone that really knows how to rank on Google?
We do. Linkody has all the answers and this user-friendly article will teach you all about it.It’s all you need in one place.
1. Why is SEO Knowledge Important?
Yes, you can pay an agency to improve your ranking by doing SEO on your behalf. But it’s going to cost you a lot of money.
What if you can save money by being an expert yourself? Many SEO features become manageable the moment you understand them.
That’s what we want to help you with: Explain intricate concepts so you can handle SEO in your startup yourself.
Ready to let your website rank higher than your opposition’s?
2. All You Need in One Article
Now, forget what others told you. All you need to know is:
- How to find the right keywords
- How to insert these keywords in the right place
- And how to build the right kind of links
Tip: Do it strictly in this order
Here’s how you do it.
3. Don’t Assume—Discover the Perfect Keywords
Do you know what people type into search engines to find your type of website?
No, they may not use the phrases you’re familiar with. That’s why keyword research is fundamental. The science helps you discover how others speak about you.
Step 1: Long Tail Keywords Work Better
Do you simply want a lot of traffic, or many conversions?
Browsers who are ready to commit to a product or service usually search for a specific thing. That’s why they search with long sets of keywords. They know what they want. Including long tail keywords in your content will connect you with these browsers.
You can also include keywords that lead to generating revenue. Use keywords such as ‘buy’ or ‘free’. Why? Because browsers adding these words to their searches are ready to make a purchase.
And what if you simply want to share content? Then add ‘how to’ type phrases to your long tail keyword. Now you know you’ll get visitors hungry for information.
Match these with your money-making keyword and you’ll reach your goal!
What is a money-making keyword?
- High search volume
- Low competition
Can you see a slight keyword adjustment makes you connect with the correct audience?
Step 2: Search Volume Knowledge Leads to Smart Decisions
How do you know which phrases to use in your content?
Luckily there are many tools out there:
- Keyword search tools help you find relevant keywords
- They tell you how many people search for what you offer
- You can gauge the size of the competition that also uses these words
A handy keyword research tool is Moz’s Keyword Explorer. This tool isn’t limited to keywords. You can compare your domain with competitors’ and find relevant keywords to rank with.
Step 3: Don’t Forget About Synonyms
Your challenge is that people all express themselves differently. You have to include synonyms in your keyword list to cover all search possibilities.
Once again applications come to your rescue, such as KWFinder.
You’ll get synonyms relevant to your location and language. You’ll also be introduced to SEO difficulty scores. This number tells you how difficult it will be to rank high on Google with that word. You can learn more about it here. Make it easy for yourself and focus on the easier ones.
This is why you must start with keyword research, not backlinking. If you link to the wrong words, you’ll focus on the wrong words and competition.
This is not a quick process. Take a few days, test various approaches and compare what the tools reveal. You’re ready to continue when you have these:
- A long tail keyword with money making features, matched with either sales or increased traffic keywords
- Up to 9 different phrases you can use throughout your content
4. Your Website and SEO
You can have the perfect keyword phrases and still not get ranked. Why? Because you’re not using the phrases correctly.
Yes, here it gets a bit overwhelming. But this checklist will help you remember where to add them:
- Headline: Place your focus keyword as close to the start of your headline as possible. Spark interest by using a click bite keyword such as ‘ultimate’ or interesting’.
- Subheadings: Repeat keywords at least once in a subheading.
- Image:All posts should have images. These can all have ‘alt text’ tags. Enter your keywords there.
- First paragraph:Use focus keywords in all first paragraphs.
- General content: Use keywords throughout the rest of the content. Online tools can measure their density and it should be at least 0.5% of the total content.
- URL: You can edit your URL to feature the keyword.
- Meta description: All Meta descriptions must contain keywords.
Here’s how Huffington Post uses the popular keyword ‘Oscar’ in their posts.
It’s not that difficult, is it?
5. Time for Link Building
Yes, you must start with keywords. But at least 80% of your time should be spent on link building.
That’s why Linkody invests so much time in this aspect. And below we share our three best strategies with you.
5.1. Tap into Your Competitors’ Resources
Yes, your competitors can help you.
Who leads the market? These companies probably invested a lot of time in backlinking.
And thanks to Linkody you can use what they’ve already sourced over months or years.
All you want to know is which websites are worthy of being targeted for linking. And here’s how we help you do it:
- Become a Linkody member
- Insert your own URL
- Find all your competitors’ URLs
- Extract backlinks your competitors’ websites have
This is what you’re after:
Now email these websites
During this process you’ll love how quickly Ninjaoutreach.com helps you automate the steps:
- Organizing website data
- Extracting emails and contact names from the websites
- Offering templates to create your email pitch on
- Regularly sending out emails on your behalf
- Compiling analytics on your backlinking campaign
Here’s the user-friendly Ninjaoutreach layout:
And if you’re serious about getting responses from these websites, you must personalize emails. That’s why Ninjaoutreachobtains contact names too.
How long do you think this will take? All you need is half an hour. Can you see SEO is much easier than you thought?
5.2. Can You Create Something Unique?
How do you make sure your next blog gets ranked first? It must be one of a kind.
Seem daunting? It’s not. Despite your beliefs, the internet doesn’t yet contain all facts and knowledge in easy to use formats. If you offer all possible facts on a certain distinctive topic, you’ll rank high. And because you’re seen as the expert in that field, you’ll get backlinks.
Here’s how you do it:
- Find a topic: Research what people need answers to. Questions on LinkedIn will give you some insight. Did you know Hubspot can produce blog topics for you?
- Partner with an expert: Your content will quickly be rated as either high or low quality by Google and browsers. Use experts to ensure you have superior, researched content.
If backlinko.com can draw 600 domains’ links with this approach, you can too.
5.3. Do Guest Blogging
Why aren’t you reading this blog on our own website? Because we want the backlink that comes with guest blogging.
But other websites—the ones you want to be featured on—will only accept your guest blog if it’s high in quality. So yes, this takes a bit of time:
- Finding websites is easy. You can search “KEYWORD” + write-for-us or look at market leaders’ websites. Contact them directly or follow directions on their guest blogging pages.
- Usually, you have to pitch a topic that matches the website’s focus.
- When they accept the topic, write quality content and add your backlink to it.
You can see each approach has its own benefit. Don’t stick with one method. You need all of them and even more.
SEO and backlinking aren’t once-off activities. If you want to rank high, you’ll be doing this for the rest of your website’s existence.
But, once again, online tools such as Linkody and Google Analytics help. They provide feedback & statistics to keep you informed, even on a daily basis. See below how user-friendly these tools are and the range of information you obtain about your own website & others.
Will you try SEO on your own now? Be empowered to play an active role along with your SEO service provider to maximize results.
What else would you like to know about SEO? Let me know for the next tutorial.