If love your startup, then you would want the best logo for it. After all, a logo is what that makes a company different than others and plays a huge role in marketing and branding as well. However, the question is- how do you create a top-notch logo anyway? Well, there are 4 main ways you can go about it. These are:
- Contact a Professional
The most straightforward way to get a logo is to find a professional graphic designer to do the work for you. However, you can do this in two different ways:
Find a Designer in Your City
Even though we live in a world where there are all kinds of software and online platforms for logo designing, there is still a huge demand for professionals. So, if you will search online, then it’s possible that you will find a few talented graphic designers in your area. You can ask for their fees, check their track records, and finally pick the one you like the most.
Find a Freelancer Online
As freelance economy continues to soar, talented remote workers are easier to find than ever. There are many popular platforms like Upwork, Fiverr, Tropal, etc. where you can find professionals with a variety of skills including blogging, social media management, video editing, and of course, logo designing.
Compared to full-time graphic designers and design studios, freelancers are usually easy to afford. So, if your budget is low, then you can find an adept freelancer by posting the job on any of the major platforms to receive bids and hand over the work to someone whose profile ticks all the boxes.
- Do it Yourself
Napoléon Bonaparte once said that “If you want something done, do it yourself”, and if you think about it, it makes sense. This is because only you understand exactly what kind of logo you want, and by deciding to do work yourself, you can make sure that the final design isn’t compromised in any manner. Besides, there are plenty of logo design software that you can use. Some of these are:
- Canva: Canva is a graphic design tool that’s known for its wide range of design assets and images that you can use to create logos easily. You can begin by picking a suitable template and add different elements of a logo including fonts, colors, etc. one by one until the design looks complete and meets your requirements as well.
- CorelDraw: If you want a complete graphic design solution, then you can invest in CorelDraw Graphics Suite. It’s a powerful software that gives you access to a massive content library of fonts and icons, and tools like bitmap editor, Impact tool, AfterShot3 HDR (for HDR images), etc.
- Adobe Photoshop: Adobe Photoshop is so popular that it’s become synonymous with an image Chances are that you have used it before, which is why it won’t be a bad idea to use it for creating a unique logo and other elements for your brand including designs and 3D illustrations. Plus, it has a strong community that can support you if need lessons or tips.
While these programs offer you all the tools you need to create your dream logo, it helps to do your homework too. For instance, it won’t hurt to read a few blogs on building a logo with effective branding in mind, the fundamentals of logo design, etc. Since you are a not a professional, it’s important that you first study what you are getting into.
- Use Logo Generators
Logo generators are advanced software or online platforms that are mainly focused on designing unique and attractive logos. Since logo designing is their main objective, they are recommended over standard software due to their simplicity and ease of use.
You will be surprised to know that are a number of free logo generators on the Internet that you can use to get professional-quality logos in a matter of minutes. Many of these use advanced technologies like artificial intelligence so that you don’t have to do the dirty work yourself. Instead, you just need to provide a few basic details regarding the type of design you want which include fonts, colors, and a brief about your brand. That’s it!
The advanced logo generators like Tailor Brands are capable of understanding your requirements just like a professional logo designer i.e. a human would. However, they a lot cheaper than the latter. Plus, the turnaround time is simply unbelievable which is why more and more people have started using these services rather than paying an arm and leg for slightly better designs that take days or even weeks to complete.
- Host a Design Competition
Another common way how entrepreneurs and website owners get their logos is by hosting logo design contests on platforms like 99designs and Crowdspring. Although the rules may slightly vary from one platform to another, the idea is usually the same which comprises the following steps:
- Share a brief about your logo design with the graphic designers on the platform
- Pick a package that fits your budget and requirements
- The designers submit their logos to use and you can pick the one you like the most and declare it the winner
If money is not a big problem for you and you want lots of designs to choose from, then hosting a contest could be a good idea. Also, many platforms offer a one-to-one service too in which you can work closely with one of their best logo designers so that you get the perfect design without wasting a lot of time.
So, there you have it- some of the most common ways to design a logo for your business. As you can see, each path has its advantages and disadvantages. So, take your time and compare the options before you make your final decision. Good luck!