More and more companies are outsourcing their IT management, as this gives them more opportunity to focus on customer service and other equally important aspects of their business. There are, however, a few common misconceptions about this, which this article will focus upon.
- Losing Control of your IT Infrastructure – Some people mistakenly believe that by outsourcing their IT management, they are also surrendering control, when in fact, you still have the same level of control. Ask any managed IT security service provider based in Sydney and they will confirm that you can alter things at any time. The service is very much tailored to suit the customer, so you can stipulate your requirements and also add and remove authorised users at will.
- All or Nothing – If you are of the opinion that outsourcing your IT management is an all or nothing option, nothing could be further from the truth. Many companies have partially outsourced their needs and the service provider will be happy to take on as much or as little as you require. The level of involvement is completely up to the customer and is often limited to things that the customer doesn’t have time to monitor.
- Using Managed Services is Costlier than Directly Hiring – This is another myth that many people believe to be true. While every company has their own unique needs, outsourcing can actually work out much cheaper than hiring an IT specialist and if you would like a free, no-obligation quote, any reputable IT managed services provider would be only too happy to give you a price for your requirements. You can specify certain areas that you would like the provider to handle, while managing some aspects yourself, and you can add to that at any time.
- Managed Service Providers Only Work During Regular Hours – A reputable IT managed services provider would have a team of IT experts who are available around the clock, which means they can step in at a minute’s notice. 24/7 cover is standard with such a provider and rather than waiting for the next morning to resolve the issue, you can call on them at any time of day or night.
- Only Large Companies Use Managed Service Providers – The truth is, any size company can benefit from outsourcing their IT management and many small businesses do just that. You can tailor the service to suit your needs, which might be minimal, yet the provider will tailor their services according to your needs. It might be because you simply do not have the technical knowledge, or perhaps you are too busy, either way, outsourcing is a cost-effective way to manage your IT services.
By outsourcing your IT management, you and your employees can focus on other important aspects, such as marketing and customer service, while leaving the management of IT resources to the experts. If you would like to learn how such a provider could help your business, all it takes to make contact is an online search and with their expertise, you can spend more time on generating more business.