Digital marketing has always been a growing trend, but these days is one of the sectors that is growing the most, as it gives promising results. Whether it is Home-based business or franchise need to strengthen their marketing for franchises with tactics if they wish to thrive, as going digital is the new norm now. As a digital marketer, I believe that digital marketing has made a relevant contribution to all industries in general, and it has helped a lot of aspiring entrepreneurs to establish their businesses into the digital world. For example, performing regular checks on your website such as monitoring your traffic website will put you ahead of your competition.
Therefore, here I will share some insights regarding why having the right digital marketing strategy is so relevant, and will share some ideas that every business must take into account.
- Why having a digital marketing strategy is so important nowadays?
By definition, digital marketing is the use of the Internet to establish a connection and reach out to consumers to promote your business. The importance of digital marketing has hugely increased following the evolving technology. You cannot deny the fact that the majority of people are browsing the Internet to find what they need. That is why digital marketing is used in a way that you can get an advantage to reach a wide variety of consumers. It is more cost-efficient then, enabling your business to grow and go along with the trend. It is more convenient compared to traditional marketing and is a great way to reach potential audiences.
- Steps for creating a digital marketing strategy.
Here we will highlight three different steps that every marketer must put into practice when creating an effective digital marketing strategy.
- Step Target 1: target your audience. You should first identify your preferred customers, as it will help you create personalized content. Collect customer’s information so that you can pre-determine the persona that you will implement and avoid the hassle of finding potential customers.
- Step 2: find your industry. Identify the type of digital marketing style you want to implement, such as vlogging or blogging. Choose a strategy that suits you comfortably, which allows you to maximize your skills and is more convenient for your business.
- Step 3: Be proactive. After you have established your strategy, do not forget to continuously update your content, as it will affect your performance. Try to come up with fresh ideas from the latest trends and incorporate them into your content. Keep your audiences engaged and interested in you.
- Set up your overall goals & objectives
First, identify what the mission of your business is, and what you want to get from it. Ask yourself questions such as: do I want to expand to other countries? Or do I want to promote my products just locally? Be clear from the very beginning.
Second, keep an eye on your KPIs:
- Set up a specific plan regarding your KPIs by classifying the accountable figures you will use to achieve to goals.
- Be realistic about KPIs at all times: review how your digital marketing strategies perform in the past, and make sure that you work on increasing your overall results.
- Arrange a method that will help you measure your KPIs: use tools such as Google Analytics or ahrefs, which allows you to analyse your clicks, conversions and more.
- Review your current digital channels and assets
When evaluating those digital marketing channels that you have, you must decide what do you want to include in your strategy. Therefore, put together all those assets that you own and categorise them in a spreadsheet, so you have a clear structure.
- Owned media. These are those digital assets that your company has: websites, social networking sites, blogs, etc.
- Earned media. It refers to the coverage you get from word-of-mouth marketing: customer experience, public relationships, etc. You will gain these from the recognition of your work.
- Paid media. Paid media are those resources that you use to catch the attention of your consumers. We find here PPC campaigns and all kinds of advertising methods.
- Do not forget to audit your website To make sure that you are generating leads, pay attention to your site and audit it regularly. Find those technical issues that need fixing and resolve them, as this will penalise you in the long run.