Digitisation has impacted several industries, and banking is no different. With the developments in technology that are shaping our daily life, other banks have jumped on the bandwagon. As a result, Digital Banking in India has become synonymous with any banking activity recently. It has also become the need of the hour owing to challenging circumstances like visiting the bank.
You need not be tech-savvy to bank online. You only need to open a Bank Account and get started. This involves simple steps:
- Go to your bank’s official website and log in. If you are a new user, get yourself registered.
- Click on the new user options and navigate to Internet Banking.
- Now, fulfil the authentication protocol by providing the customer ID and account number. You find the customer ID on your welcome kit items like cheque book and passbook.
- Now, enter the OTP sent to your registered mobile number. Some banks also ask for the Debit Card number based on their terms.
- Upon successful verification, you are directed to a page to create a unique password for accessing Digital Banking services.
Besides getting the services activated, take precautions and use them safely. These security measures are also applicable for Savings Account:
- Check the authenticity of the bank’s portal before entering any information. Many hackers create the same account to steal information. Also, never visit the website through any promotional links you receive in the email.
- The portal should start with “HTTPS” to show that it has the secure socket layer certificate. It means your information and activity are protected. This is not the case with websites starting with “HTTP”.
- If you plan to use them through the Banking app, check for the developer details and reviews to confirm its legitimacy.
- Avoid using public servers for operating any banking transaction. Instead, opt for mobile data and home-based Wi-Fi.
The entire process of opening an online Bank Account and enabling such services is possible within minutes. It is a simple process that you can do from your home’s comfort. As the overhead costs lower for banks, they pass on the benefits to you as less or no service charges, no penalty, etc.
The benefits differ between banks. If you do an online Saving Account opening, you can enjoy additional perks and convenience. Online Banking enables you to conduct almost all transactions from your smartphone, desktop, or tablet. For example, you can access account information, order a chequebook, update details, etc., with a few clicks.