What does BuzzFeed do?
BuzzFeed, is a social news and entertainment company which provides social videos, breaking news, long form stories, short listicles and a lot more. Users can share these on the web. The company has more than 175M monthly unique visitors who are young audience. The company is redefining online advertising with content driven and social publishing technology.
How much BuzzFeed was funded?
BuzzFeed raised$200M in Private Equity fund on August 18, 2015 from NBC Universal (Lead)
- $3.5M in Series A funding on July 9, 2008 from Hearst Ventures(Lead) Partner: Scott English, Ken Lerer, John Johnson and SoftBank Capital
- $8M in Series B funding on May 12, 2010 from RRE Ventures(Lead), Hearst Ventures Partner: Scott English, Founder Collective Partner: Chris Dixon, Ken Lerer, John Johnson, SoftBank Capital, Ron Conway and SV Angel
- $15.5M in Series C funding on January 9, 2012 from New Enterprise Associates(Lead) Partner: Patrick Kerins, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, Partner: Ken Lerer, Hearst Ventures Partner: Scott English, SoftBank Capital and RRE Ventures.
- $19.3M in Series D funding on January 3, 2013 from New Enterprise Associates(Lead) Partner: Patrick Kerins, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, Kass Lazerow Partner: Ken Lerer, RRE Ventures, Michael Lazerow and SoftBank Capital.
- $50M in Series E on August 10, 2014 from Andreessen Horowitz Partner: Chris Dixon
What is next for BuzzFeed?
BuzzFeed is excited to partner with NBC Universal for combining its respective strengths for building the future of entertainment and news. As a part of the investment, the companies will explore the strategic partnerships across both organizations in the coming months. Both the companies are looking forward to collaborating on TV content, the Olympics, movies and joint partnerships with brands and ad agencies.
More about BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed was founded in 2008 by John Johnson and John Peretti. It is has its headquarters in New York, N.Y.