What does Treasure Data do?
Treasure Data, is the leading cloud platform for making all data connected, up to date, and accessible easily. It is the end to end, completely managed cloud service for big data, which is simple and trusted. It runs with the mission of simplifying data management. Its customers include biggies like Warner Bros, Subaru, Pebble, GE Healthcare, GREE, MobFox, Pioneer and many other Fortune 500 companies.
How much Treasure Data was funded?
Treasure Data raised $25 M in Series C from INCJ, SBI, Sieera Ventures, Scale Venture Partners, Dentsu, AME Cloud Ventures, Bill Tai, IT-Farm.
- $11.5M in Series C on June 8, 2016 from Sierra Ventures
- Undisclosed amount in Series A from July 1, 2011 to July 1, 2011 from IT-Farm
- $1.5M on September 28, 2012 from Orion Henry, James Lindenbaum, Anand Babu Periasamy, Adam Wiggins, Yukihiro Matsumoto and Bill Tai
- $1.25M on November 1, 2012 from Dan Scheinman, AME Cloud Ventures and Sizhao Yang.
- $5.3M in Series A on July 22, 2013 from Sierra Ventures, AME Cloud Ventures and Bill Tai.
- $21M in Series B on January 9, 2015 from Sierra Ventures, AME Cloud Ventures and Scale Venture Partners.
- $6M in undisclosed round on September 2, 2015
What is next for Treasure Data?
The company plans to use the latest funding raised mainly for supporting the market intro of the 1st Live Data management platform. This opens greater access to real time data insights for more users via an organization.
More about Treasure Data
Treasure Data was founded on December 22, 2011 by Kazuki Ohta and Hironobu Yoshikawa. It has its headquarters in Mountain View, California. It also has offices in Korea and Japan. The company makes all the data of an organization current, connected and accessible easily to the people and algorithms which help a business in achieving success. This company generates over 2 million events per second and makes nearly 7 M data queries every month, resulting in profitable and predictable business results.