What does Noom do?
Noom, is a leading behavior change company. This company’s applications fight chronic and pre-chronic conditions with human coaches and structured programs. The company is a leader in mobile health coaching, which combines emppathy of real human coached and the technology power for delivering successful behaviroc change at scale. It has exercise tracking mobile applications and direct to consumer weight loss apps which have reached over 45 M users globally. Based on the success of their health and fitness programs, the company has developed a behavior change platform for treating chronic an pre-chronic conditions, starting with Diabetes Prevention Program. The company expanded its curricula across the acuity spectrum since CDC started recognizing mobile and online DPP providers, and the company now has featured programs for management of diabetes, hypertension and pre-hypertension apart from its flagship weight loss and diabetes prevention programs.
How much Noom was funded?
The company raised an undiclosed amount from Samsung Ventures
- $16.15M in Series B on April 1, 2015 from InterVest Co.,Translink Capital, LB Investment, RRE Ventures, Hanmi IT and Qualcomm Ventures
- ₩2.8B on June 1, 2011 from Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
- Undisclosed amount on December 1, 2011 from Qualcomm Ventures
- ₩2.8B in undisclosed round on December 18, 2012 from Qualcomm Ventures, Harbor Pacific Capital and m8 Capital
- Undisclosed amount on October 22, 2013 from National Institutes of Health
- $7M in Series A on February 4, 2014 from RRE Ventures, Qualcomm Ventures, Scrum Ventures, Harbor Pacific Capital, Recruit Strategic Partners and Translink Capital.
- Undisclosed amount in undisclosed round on July 22, 2014 from New York Digital Health Accelerator
What is next for Noom?
Noom plans on using the latest funding raised for accelrating mobile health and chronic disease prevention at a global, yet personal level.
More about Noom
Noom was founded on July 25, 2008 by Artem Petakov and Saeju Jeong. It has its headquarters in New York, New York. The company has offices in Seoul, New York City and Tokyo. This platform combines human coaching and AI for delivering successful, scalable behavioral change programs which manage and prevent chronic conditions.